Owner and Hair Stylist at Flirt Urban Salon in San Diego
Joy is the owner of Flirt Urban Salon in Downtown San Diego as well as a top hair stylist and colorist. Keep reading to learn why Joy is an expert in the hair salon industry.
What is your educational background? (schools, trainings, etc):
- Paul Mitchell The School, San Diego
- Mane University
- 901 Academy: All About Brunettes, Color Correction, All About Blondes, Hairpainting, Cutting, Pretty Hair Styling
- Bumble and Bumble University: Design Workshop, Color I, Styling I &II, Razor Cutting , Balayage, Curling Iron Artistry
- Vidal Sassoon Academy: Cutting Course
- Josie Vilay and Glamiris Color Correction
- The Business of Balayage : Essentials and Advanced Balayage Certified
- The Habit Salon Education
- The Academy Ramirez Tran : Lived in Color and Lived in Cut
- SHworkshop: Briana Cisneros and Shannon Ha- Master Class
- Whittemore House Hair Paint Class
- Travis Parker Academy : Cutting Course
- Hair and Makeup by Steph Updo Class
How long have you been doing hair? Almost 13 years
Why Hair? I love that hair is an ever-changing palette which allows me to create pretty hair in array of colors. My creativity and love for my craft allow me to connect with my clients and build fun long lasting relationships. I am so thankful that my job allows me the opportunity to help make people feel special while doing their hair!
What is your favorite product? I love Bumble and Bumble Dry Spun! It gives you texture and a lot of SASS! I also love HIO Dry Oil Finishing Spray For Shine and UV Protection. If you love volume as much as I do, I recommend Go Big Treatment!
What is your favorite tool? My favorite tool would be my 1.25” GHD Curling Iron.
What would you do if you didn’t do hair? I’d probably be a psychologist. They do call us “hairapists”, after all!
Where could we find you when you’re not at the salon? I live at the salon! Just kidding! I love to travel and discover new cities all over the world! Since I love take educational hair classes, I also get travel to different cities to learn from the best hairstylists. I love to learn and it keeps me inspired and allows me to be a better hairstylist for my clients! Last but not least, I love good food so your best bet is finding me at one of my favorite eating spots. If I’m not there, I’m at home cuddling with furry child or getting my sweat on at the gym ( well at least thinking about going to the gym).
Book an Appointment
Call, text or email to book an appointment with hair stylist Joy at Flirt Urban Salon in Downtown San Diego:
- (858) 922-9660 ( text is best!)
- joy.flirtsalon @ gmail.com
- Find Joy on Instagram! @flirtwithjoy
- Request an Appointment Online! (New Clients must request an appointment online. Joy will confirm your appointment if it is available. If not, she will contact you with her earliest appointment times. Please know that a current photo of hair and photos of your dream hair goals will be requested at the time of booking. Feel free to email or text them directly to Joy).
- Single Palette: $125+
- Partial Highlight: $195+
- Full Highlight: $235+
- Balayage: $280+
- Color Gloss: $100
- Haircut (Women): $85
- Color Correction: $150/hr
- Shampoo+ Blowout: $60
- Event Styling: $95 and up
- Wedding Hair: Please email joy.flirtsalon @ gmail.com
- Extensions: Consultation only
- Hair Color Pricing: On average, Joy’s clients spend around the following:
- Partial clients: $255
- Full highlight clients: $295
- Balayage clients: $345
- Color Correction clients: $475
- How long are hair color appointments?
- Single Palette is 1+hours
- Partial 1.5+ hours
- Full highlight 2 +hours
- Balayage 2.5 +hours
- Color correction 3+ hours